Minion Cake Recipe, Very suitable for themed Birthday parties, you can make Muffins/Cookies with Minion decorations next to this Minion Cake and present it to your guests.
Here I am again with a new cake. In this recipe, I want to present to you how to make cute Minions. I hope you like it. This is how I made my Minion Cake. Same as the double chocolate birthday cake I prepared for your birthday. The following measurements are for two 15 cm cakes. I usually make cupcakes instead of a second cake. I keep it in the freezer and take it out when needed.
Minion Cake Ingredients
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 57 g. Chocolate with 70% cocoa (chopped coarsely)
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 2 and 1/4 cups sugar
For the cream: (for 2 cakes of 15 cm.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup of water
- White of 5 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 cups (approximately 680 g.) butter (cut into 1 tablespoon-sized cubes)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Minion Birthday Cake Fabrication
- Grease 2 cake molds of 15 cm. well with liquid oil, place the parchment paper that you cut in a round shape on the bottom, and oil the top of the paper as well. Sprinkle cocoa and ensure that the molds are covered on all sides. Touch up the excess cocoa.
- Preheat your oven to 175 C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and add the hot water to it. Stir so that the chocolate melts. 15 min. let it cool.
- In another bowl, mix the buttermilk with the vanilla extract.
- Mix the eggs for about 2 minutes. chips as much. Reduce the mixer speed and add the oil slowly, on medium speed for 30 seconds. mix more.
- Reduce the mixer speed and add the water mixture to the cooling chocolate. Slowly add the vanilla and buttermilk mixture.
- Add the sugar and cook for 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth. chip more.
- Stop the mixer and fold the flour mixture into the liquid mixture. Do not over mix at this stage. You only need to mix the dry parts until they are wet. There may be clumped flour particles in the mixture. Leave it this way. In the filter stage, we will get rid of these lumps.
- Press the mixture through the fine wire strainer with a spatula.
- Divide the mixture into two 15 cm. molds that you grease and coat with cocoa.
- In the oven that you preheated to 175 C, about 45 minutes. or cook until it comes out clean from the worms dipped in the middle.
- Baked cakes in the mold for 20 minutes. on the cooling wire until 20 min. at the end, remove it from the molds bypassing the edges with a knife, peel off the parchment paper and let it cool completely on the cooling wire.
- When cool, cut the cakes horizontally at the ends with a serrated bread knife.
- I recommend using a stand mixer for the cream. Since the sugar you heat will be very hot, the possibility of splashing and touching is high with the hand mixer. It may cause severe burns. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Mix the sugar and water and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves and the sugar thermometer shows 115 C. cook it. If sugar crystals form on the edge of your pan, do not try to stir them, they will stay on the edges. Stirring will cause the whole sugar mixture to crystallize. To prevent crystallization, apply water to the sides of the pot once or twice with a brush during cooking.
- Add the sugar to the egg whites that you have whipped before the sugar mixture cools, by slowly adding it from the side and at the same time by running the mixer at low speed. Increase the speed and cook for 5-10 minutes until the mixture turns into snow, cools down, and comes to room temperature. Keep beating at high speed. It is very important that the mixture reaches room temperature. If it is hot, the added butter will melt and there will be no cream of desired consistency. The butter added in the same way should be at room temperature. If it is too cold, it will not mix with the cream and cream with butter particles will form.
- When the mixture reaches room temperature, reduce the speed of the mixer and add the vanilla extract. Slowly add the butter cups one at a time. 2 minutes. stir until thoroughly. Increase the speed and 2 min. more chips. Add food coloring if you are going to use it. Meanwhile, the cream may have been cut like curd cheese. If that happens, wet a towel with hot water and wrap it around the cabinet and keep mixing. 1-2 min. The mixture will become smooth.
- To create the cake, spread cream between the cake layers and place the fruits. Put the layers on top of each other and coat with the cream. Make the silences.
- Serve the cake at room temperature. For this, about 4 hours before serving the cake, take it out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature. Otherwise, it will be a cake with a very solid cream.